Hồi giờ tòan up hình lên Flickr rồi post lên đây, nhưng không được hài lòng với Flickr cho lắm. Nhân dịp Flickr account cần phải gia hạn, Việt đang thử nghiệm post hình lên Google+. Ai rảnh thì lên xem chơi nha.
October 3, 2009 – 12:48 pm
Đây là suy nghĩ thực 100%, viết vào iphone trong suốt chuyến đi Anh vừa rồi, bắt đầu từ chuyến bay từ Newark đi London, cho đến chuyến xe bus từ sân bay Pittsburgh về nhà.
- On Continental Airlines xxx, from Newark (New Jersey) to London (England): I’m going to London on Sep 11, the exact day 8 years ago the terrorists flied airplanes onto World Trade Center. Just realize it while i’m on the plane. Weird! What a coincidence, since this plane is transatlantic, and near New York and DC too.
- Still on the airplane, watching a movie (You’ve got mail): Meg Ryan, no matter how old she is, is gorgeous! Her smile has divine power!
- In London, walking on the street with friends: London, for all of its expensiveness, is a fun town to live in, especially the night life.
- In London: N is such a nice host, so is my lovely x!
- At the SAS conference in Oxford: French women have cute faces, even though their bodies are a little chubby.
- At the SAS conference in Oxford: Holy Christ! This is the first time that I heard from a scientific presenter whose English is worse than Yulie. The only words that I could recognize were the numbers!
- Walking on the street in Oxford: Sign that there is no towing truck available ? A car parked illegally on the street. The policemen went inside a nearby shop, found the driver, fined him, then forced him to drive away. What would the American policemen would do in this case ? Write a ticket, and call for a tow truck!!! Wouldn’t the world be better if cops everywhere are like the ones in England ?
- In Oxford: You would be surprised how much a suit can bring you. I was trying to visit Christ college, where J.K. Rowling modeled her Hogwarts as. There was a nicely dressed old gentleman standing at the main gate. I walked in, said hi to him, then proceeded to take a lot of photos. When I walked out, I saw him denying people entry. Then I found out that visitors were not allowed to use the entrance I used. He probably thought, from how nice I dressed, that I were a student
- In Oxford, Carfax tower: Small stairwell that goes like a rapid vortex isn’t for everyone. Especially when it has only one lane, meaning if someone is going up, no one else can go down.
- In University of Oxford Official Store: I came all the way to Oxford to buy an eco-friendly grocery bag. Yes, you heard me right, an eco-friendly bag!
- In London: I don’t care what other people say, girls on plaid shirts are freaking hot, especially from the back, which is what half of london girls look like.
- In London: What a weird day yesterday was. The Scottish-Indian wedding, the food (steak), the alcohol (2 beers, then red wine, then 3 beers, then white wine), the vomit, the crying, the heartbreak, and the “something else”.
- At Heathrow airport: the stupid internet machine ate up my 1 pound coin but refused to let me use the internet.
- At Heathrow airport: I miss x already!
- On the airplane: I decided to bring the Oyster card with me to the States. You gotta get here to get it back!
- At US immigration control at Newark airport: The (?) immigration officer asked me 1) Do you have an American girlfriend, then 2) What did you do in the UK, then followed up with 2i) Did you say Swine flu? What kind of question is that ?
- At Pittsburgh airport: I just turned my cellphone clock back to Pittsburgh time. Man, this feels so weird. A piece of me is still in London.
- At Pittsburgh airport: They lost my luggage. Hopefully it was not stolen, or I would be so screwed. Agrr. The long flight is already tiring enough!
Copy/paste nguyên bản, ko sửa chính tả.